Good Food Box is a non-profit alternative fruit and vegetable distribution system. Boxes are available for pick-up or delivery every second Wednesday. We purchase the highest quality produce and ensure variety, freshness and affordability. We prioritize locally grown, unsprayed produce with a focus on seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Types of Boxes:
|Box||Price||# of items||Type|
|Small Box||$6.00||5 – 6 items||mix of veggies & fruit|
|Medium Box||$12.00||8 – 9 items||mix of veggies & fruit|
|Large Box||$18.00||10 – 12 items||mix of veggies & fruit|
|Snacking Box||$10.00||5 – 7 items||fruit & veggies – delicious raw|
|Fruit Box||$12.00||5 – 8 items||all fruit|
|Organic Box||$18.00||8 – 11 items||veggies & fruit – mix of certified & non-certified spray free organic veggies & fruit|
Ordering your Good Food Box:
|In person||Fernwood Community Centre, 1240 Gladstone Avenue, Victoria,Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm||
|By phone||250-381-1552 ext.3||
Order in person from one of our partner agencies:
|Quadra Village Community Centre||901 Kings Road, Victoria||(250) 388-7696
|Oaklands Community Centre||2837 Belmont Avenue, Victoria||(250) 370-9101
|Vic West Community Centre||521 Craigflower Road, Victoria||(250) 590-8922
|University of Victoria*||UVSP office in SUB, 3800 Finnerty Road, Victoriafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Saanich Neighbourhood Place||3100 Tillicum Road, Saanich – Pearkes Recreation Centre||(250) 360-1148
|Victoria Native Friendship Centre||231 Regina Avenue, Saanichemail@example.com|
|T’souke First Nation Band Office||2154 Lazzar Rd, Sooke||(250) 642-3957
When to pick up your Good Food Box:
Wednesday (the week following your order) between 1:00pm and 8:00pm at the Fernwood Community Centre front desk.
Pick-up info for our partner locations:
- Quadra Village Community Centre - Pick-up Wednesdays between 1:00pm & 4:00pm
- Oaklands Community Centre – Pick-up Wednesdays between 2:00pm & 6:00pm
- Vic West Community Centre – Pick-up Wednesdays between 1:00pm & 9:00pm
- *University of Victoria – Drop off your order at the Good Food Box mailbox at the UVSP Office (Room B118). Leave an envelope with your name, email, payment and specific order inside. Orders must be submitted before noon on the order deadline day. Pick-up is in the Student Union Building at table #4 (in front of the Michele Pujol Room) between 2:00pm & 6:00pm. All boxes that aren’t picked up will be donated to the SUB food bank.
- Saanich Neighbourhood Place – Pick-up Wednesdays between 1:00pm & 7:00pm
- Victoria Native Friendship Centre – Pick-up Wednesdays between 1:00pm & 4:30pm. Boxes will be held until 12:00pm on Thursday.
- T’souke First Nation Band Office – Office hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm (closed from 12:00pm – 1:00pm). On pick-up day, boxes are left in hallway outside the administration office. Boxes are delivered at around 11:00am. Clients should come close to delivery time as boxes are left unattended.
Download your own copy of the Good Food Box Ordering Schedule 2015.