Fernwood NRG provides a number of programs for parents and parents to be. These range from prenatal nutrition and counselling through to parent support groups to our community meal.
Our current offerings include:
- Fernwood Community Meal, an opportunity for community members to enjoy a prepared meal with your neighbours or taken home and heated up. By donation, drop-in.
- Mothers for Recovery, a support group for mothers that is open to all people who are or have been pregnant at some point in their lives and who are seeking or maintaining recovery from substances use. Free, drop-in.
- Oak Bay Family Resource Program, a family program for parents with children under the age of 6. Free, drop-in.
- Best Babies, a nutritional counselling program for prenatal and postnatal moms and their partners. Free, registered.
- Parent-Child Mother Goose®, a group program for parents and their babies to discover the power and pleasure of rhymes, songs, and stories. Free, registered.
- Nobody’s Perfect, a facilitated parenting program for parents of children from birth to age five. Free, registered.
- Housing Outreach for Families, for families who are low-income and seeking support with housing applications and more. Free, by appointment.