There are two options for offering courses at the Fernwood Community Centre:
1. Your course is offered as one of Fernwood Community Centre’s programs
Your program details appear in the City of Victoria – Active Living Guide (subject to deadlines: May for Fall/Winter issue, December for Spring/Summer issue) and on our website, we take registration & payment for you then we split the total registration fees 60/40. We choose together the course dates, course times, and participant fees.
The requirements for this option include:
- Teacher certification relevant to your specific offering (ie. Yoga teacher certification)
- Third party insurance ($3 million policy)
- Criminal Record Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Administration Fee of $60 (non-refundable)
- Damage Deposit of $250 (cheque held on file)
It is also important to note that promotion/marketing of the course is your responsibility. The program will not automatically attract participants simply because it is being offered at a Community Centre. You will need to promote your course/program extensively yourself in order to attract participants.
Please also be aware that the 60% share of participant fees are paid to the program organizer/teacher at the end of the term (i.e. for Fall term Sep-Dec, payment would be made in early January).
If you feel that you would like to offer a 60/40 Program, please call 250-381-1552 ext.100 to discuss availability and scheduling.
2. You could rent space from us
In this case you would be responsible for advertising, registration & taking payments. If you would like to rent a room outright, please call 250-381-1552 ext.100 to discuss availabilities and scheduling.