Can you feel the excitement building?? FernFest is just around the corner!
Celebrating its 21st year !!! We’re looking for passionate, creative, and dedicated volunteers to join our amazing team and make this the biggest and best FernFest yet. We’ve got a wide range of volunteer positions available, so no matter what your passion or skill set is, we’ll make sure it’s put to good use.Most volunteer shifts range from about 2-4 hours.
What are all these positions I speak of? Well, let me elaborate:
- Set-up & Tear-down: Not only are positions a ton of fun to work, they are also vital to the success of our event. Working on a small, dedicated team, you would be literally building this event from the ground up (and tearing it down)! We need star volunteers for these roles, and those heroic enough to pitch in for the Monday morning take down shift will be rewarded with pizza, a $20 gift certificate, and an unnecessary amount of high-fives.
- BBQ/Concession: Who’s going to feed all these people?! Are you good at math & thrive in a fast-paced environment? We need you at our BBQ! Grill masters, cashiers, runners, and server positions are available.
- Beer & Cider Server: Enjoy a good time with the crowd, watch the live bands, and pour cups of Phillips & Merridale! Serving it Right is required. Bartenders, servers, and runners needed for all these shifts. Don’t wait, these spots fill-up quick!
- Info Booth: Meet lots of people, hang out with a friend in the sunshine, sell “I <3 Fernwood T-Shirts” & by-donation buttons! This is a great position if you are looking for a relaxed yet critical volunteer position.
- Silent Auction: The Silent Auction is a really fun place to be if you’re interested in local goods & raising money for Fernwood NRG. The Silent Auction is tricky to set-up, so needs a clever and aesthetically minded individual – is this you?! Let me know!
- General Floaters: Help as needed. See a fire? Put it out! Cat in a tree? I’m sure it will be fine. These are important spots to fill, and need some flexible and quick thinking volunteers to fill them.
- Photographer/Film: Multiple photographers/videographers needed to capture many activities, music, magic, and other happenings of FernFest! Any photos used will be credited.
- Pre-Event Work: Promotion! Button and tassel making! Pick-ups and deliveries! Cleaning things from last year! (Okay, it’s hard to make that last one sound exciting). Preparing for FernFest is a lot of work, and we’re incredibly appreciative to have volunteers jump in early and help us with some of the preparation. Got some time on your hands leading up to the event and want to see how some of this event planning stuff works? Drop us a line!
Of course, FernFest would not be possible without the outstanding work done by our volunteers, and we are eternally grateful for everyone able to take a few hours out of their busy lives to help put this festival together and make it one of the best Victoria has to offer!
Questions? Ideas? Just want to say hi? Send me (Andrew) a message over to email@example.com and I’ll be sure to reply as quickly as I can. Can’t wait to see you all at this year’s FernFest!