Below are a list of community resources to support you during these uncertain times. Please share with you circles and take care of yourself and others.
Get the help you need
- THE LIST – Community sourced document of resources available in Greater Victoria
- Post requests for assistance on the COVID-19 Coming Together Facebook Page. (Here is the Fernwood pod)
- Submit a request in this google form: Victoria QT2SBIPOC Community Mutual Aid Intake
- City of Victoria service updates and information for residents and businesses
- In support of seniors, BC211 has created a Safe Seniors, Strong Communities program. Call 2-1-1 or visit this webpage for more info
- Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- COVID-19 Provincial Supports
- Guide to financial support for Canadians by Generation Squeeze
- Google document about accessing financial support
- Accessing EI in BC Fact Sheet
- Contact TAPS for help with Employment Standards claims and EI matters, email@example.com
- The Good Food Box, a non-profit, affordable weekly fruit and vegetable box run by Fernwood NRG and packed and delivered by volunteers. Boxes range from $13-$20. Pick-up and delivery options available depending on volunteer availability.
- Access the Mustard Seed’s food bank, Food hampers being distributed in parking lot.
- Visit Our Place for meals, toiletries, clothing, or outreach support.
- Living Edge, Free food markets to serve Victoria’s most vulnerable. Neighbourhood markets open until further notice.
- Families that are needing access to food in Fernwood, email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Family Programs team will get in touch with you.
Help your neighbours (volunteer, donate, support)
- Simple ideas on how to Support Your Neighbours
- Check in on seniors in the community by phone. Schedule regular check ins with seniors, and ask if they are in need of groceries, prescriptions, or conversation.
- Volunteer with or donate to the Good Food Box. Email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
- Drop off food, or make a donation to the Mustard Seed.
- Make a donation to Our Place. They are in need of men’s clothing, warm layers, socks, underwear, and toiletries.
- Donate to Boxes of Hope, supporting Victoria’s most vulnerable with warm healthy meals.
- Offer assistance, or respond to specific requests on the COVID-19 Coming Together Facebook Page. (Here is the Fernwood pod).
Do your part (prevent the spread)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water,
- cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing,
- avoid others who are unwell, and stay home when you are sick,
- avoid touching your face,
- Anyone who is concerned that they may have been exposed to, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their health-care provider, or call 8-1-1.
- You can also call 1-888-COVID-19 or text 604-630-0300 for details, advice, and further information on the virus.
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- More information: BC Centre for Disease Control, Island Health