Below are a list of community resources to support you during these uncertain times. Please share with you circles and take care of yourself and others. In community we stand.
- THE LIST – Thank you to Community Micro Lending for putting together this amazing community document!
- For Seniors: bc211 line has created a Safe Seniors, Strong Communities program. Either call 211 or visit this webpage for more info
- Post requests for assistance on the COVID-19 Coming Together Facebook Page. (Here is the Fernwood pod)
- Submit a request in this google form: Victoria QT2SBIPOC Community Mutual Aid Intake
- Access the Mustard Seed’s food bank
- Visit Our Place for meals, toiletries, clothing, or outreach support.
- Contact us directly at email@example.com
ACCESSING EI AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- COVID-19 Provincial Supports
- Accessing EI in BC Fact Sheet
- Google document about accessing financial support
- Contact TAPS for help with Employment Standards claims and EI matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
CITY OF VICTORIA UPDATES AND INFORMATION
- City of Victoria service updates and information for residents and businesses.
- March 23, 2020: The City announced that in collaboration with BC Housing, Island Health, the Coalition to End Homelessness, and the Dandelion Society, temporary services will be made available at Beacon Hill Park, Topaz Park, and Royal Athletic Park. There will be on site healthcare professionals, food service, washrooms and handwashing stations, up to date health information. 938 Mason Street will be a temporary test and triage site for Victoria’s homeless and street involved populations. This action represents Phase 1 of the City’s plan to care for the homeless population. Phase 2 includes working with BC Housing and Island Health to find indoor accommodations and supports for homeless individuals, including spaces appropriate for self-isolation.
OPPORTUNITIES TO PROVIDE SUPPORT:
- Check in on seniors in the community by phone. Schedule regular check ins with seniors, and ask if they are in need of groceries, prescriptions, or conversation.
- Drop off food, or make a financial donation to the Mustard Seed.
- Make a donation to Our Place. They are in need of men’s clothing, warm layers, socks, underwear, and toiletries.
- The Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness has created a webpage to collect information about supporting vulnerable populations, such as Victoria’s homeless and street involved community members.
- Offer assistance, or respond to specific requests on the COVID-19 Coming Together Facebook Page. (Here is the Fernwood pod)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water,
- cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing,
- avoid others who are unwell, and stay home when you are sick,
- avoid touching your face,
- Anyone who is concerned that they may have been exposed to, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their health-care provider, or call 8-1-1.
- You can also call 1-888-COVID-19 or text 604-630-0300 for details, advice, and further information on the virus.
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- More information: BC Centre for Disease Control, Island Health
A LITTLE HAPPINESS:
- Free Fernwood Yoga Den Online Classes
- What to do at home: streaming art museums, concerts – CNN
- Virtual Field Trips – Discovery Education
- Get Down With The Lockdown Facebook Group
- Simple ideas on how to Support Your Neighbours