Would you like to paint a pole in Fernwood? Here’s how to get involved:
- Pick-up a Pole Painting Kit. These will be available on Thursday, August 25th at the Fernwood Night Market in Fernwood Square between 4pm and 8pm. They will also be available outside the Fernwood Community Centre (1240 Gladstone Avenue) on Wednesday, September 7th & Thursday, September 8th between noon and 9pm.
- Design your pole! Simple and bold graphics are great & stencils help, too. Draw out your ideas.
- Check with your neighbours before painting a pole, download our letter for your neighbour here.
- Clean your pole using a thick pair of gloves, carefully remove staples and other things that might interfere with your art!
- Set-Up your site: place newspaper or cardboard on the sidewalk to ensure no paint gets where it shouldn’t be.
- Prime the pole. We recommend priming your pole with the base colour on Friday, September 9th. This will allow time for the pole to dry before you paint your design.
- Paint! You are invited to paint your telephone pole on Saturday, September 10th. Did you know all the paint used in this project has been salvaged from Hartland Landfill? If it is raining, please wait for a sunny day to paint your pole.
- Clean up. Make sure you clean up all your supplies and keep or dispose of them responsibly. Post your wet paint sign on your finished pole
- Admire your work and show your friends.
PAINT-A-POLE ON SEPTEMEBER 10TH
When: Saturday, September 10, 2016 – all day
Where: Paint poles throughout Fernwood