Would you like to paint a pole in Fernwood? Here’s how to get involved:
- Pick-up a Pole Painting Kit at Fernwood NRG’s office at 1310 Gladstone Avenue, September 8 to 11 between 10am and 5pm.
- Design your pole! Simple and bold graphics are great & stencils help, too.
- Check with your neighbours before painting a pole, download our letter for your neighbour here.
- Clean your pole using a thick pair of gloves, carefully remove staples and other things that might interfere with your art!
- Set-Up your site: place newspaper or cardboard on the sidewalk to ensure no paint gets where it shouldn’t be.
- Prime your pole with a base coat of paint on Friday, September 11 so it has time to dry.
- Paint your design anytime on Pole Painting Day on Saturday, September 12. If it is raining, please wait for a sunny day to paint your pole.
- Clean-up your supplies & paint, put up a wet paint sign, come down to Fernwood Village to celebrate and hear live music!
Pole Painting Day Celebration:
Paint a pole, then celebrate with food and live music with your neighbours.
What: Pole painting headquarters will be in Fernwood Village. Come by to make stencils, get paint, information, and enjoy live music anytime between 10am and 4pm.
When: Saturday, September 12 from 10am to 4pm. From 2pm to 3pm, celebrate with live music by West My Friend.
Where: Paint poles throughout Fernwood, the celebration is in Fernwood Village.