Want help with your taxes? Do you meet our eligibility criteria?
Join us for a Free Tax Clinic at the Fernwood Community Centre. Running every Wednesday from 6:00-8:00pm until the end of April 2022. Tax clinics are by appointment only – no drop-ins.
Dates: March 9, 2022 and every Wednesday until April 27, 2022 inclusive.
To register, contact Sabrina at 250-580-3579 or by email at Sabrina@fernwoodnrg.ca.
Criteria for the Free Tax Clinic
All tax returns done by the Free Tax Clinic are e-filed. We do not do paper returns
Your income must be less than the following:
|Family Size||Total family income under…|
Your income tax return must be simple. Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:
- Benefits, such as Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
- Registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- Support payments
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, or grants
- Interest (under $1,000)
You do not meet the requirements for the free tax clinic if your income is above the estimated chart above or your tax situation is not simple and includes:
- Being self-employed or having employment expenses
- Having business or rental income and expenses
- Having interest income over $1,000
- Capital gains or losses
- Foreign property (T1135)
- Bankrupt individuals in the year of bankruptcy (or the year prior, if that return has not been filed)
- Deceased individuals